Apply for a Software Development Manager Position in Kamloops, BC.
The IT team has a big impact on the organization as they have created the engine (warehouse management system) that makes our operation run efficiently. IT has cross functional partners to drive new ideas and process improvement forward across the organization that extends to our Clients and their customers.
The Software Development Manager is someone who is good at balancing the leadership of their team and the management of development projects (as we believe one drives the other). This role is to make the Client and the user have the upmost positive experience. You will do this with through a team by ensuring they have the tools, skills, motivation and the customer focus.
For the right individual this is a relocation opportunity for a Software Development Manager in our Kamloops, British Columbia location.
1. Provides training, management, development and coaching to the Software Developers and Software Support Supervisor.
- Establishes roles and responsibilities for each member of the team.
- Delegates and advises on tasks and projects.
- Facilitates Agile related meetings (planning, daily stand ups, reviews and retrospectives).
- Builds an environment of ownership, quality and results.
- Removes obstacles and distractions for the development team.
- Ensures cross training and overall team flexibility.
- Coordinates and conducts performance appraisals for the Software Developers.
- Approves vacation requests and plans department resources accordingly.
2. Accountable for ensuring all development commitments are met.
- Provides time and resource estimates on tasks/projects.
- Ensures the application is maintainable and consistent with the long term vision.
- Maintains coding standards and design patterns.
- Performs code reviews as required, ensuring coding and other standards are adhered to.
- Ensures system performance is improved where possible and impacts of changes on clients are minimal.
- Ensures the number of bugs introduced are within the acceptable limit, and resolved quickly.
- Ensures database performance is within acceptable parameters.
- Ensures development testing is done.
3. Works with the Director of IT to identify tools and processes to increase the efficiency of development, publishing, deploys, etc. This includes upgrades to the existing tools and implementation of new tools.
4. Provides support for the implementation of new software applications and subsequent usage.
- Provides trouble-shooting support to the end users and assists them in the effective use of their systems through formal or informal training.
5. Contributes to development efforts when required.
- Code reuse.
6. Identifies and recommends ways to add value to the warehouse management system product.
Things You Can Do:
- Has knowledge of Agile methodology and project management.
- Can communicate in an open, helpful and engaging manner.
- Strong Office 365 skills.
- Can mentor and coach team members to success.
- Can build team comradery.
- Builds relationship across all departments.
For Bonus Points:
- Financial accounting knowledge.
- Experience working with a warehouse management system.
- Involvement in the local community or volunteerism.
What Gets You Excited:
- Building quality relationships with clients and co-workers.
- Ongoing learning opportunities.
- Having dogs or cats in the work environment.
- A recognized post-secondary diploma or degree in Computer Sciences or equivalent.
- 5+ years of experience in software development.
- 3+ years of leadership experience.
- Exposure to a .NET language (VB, C++, C#, ASP, etc).
- Good understanding of MS Application software.
- Working knowledge of Windows and Unix.
- Is focused on the Client experience.
- Motivated by setting goals and achieving results and likes to have fun while doing it.
- Lives in accordance to and can make decisions based on our company values