Apply for a Senior Front End Developer Position in Surrey
The IT team has a big impact on the organization as they have created the engine (warehouse management system) that makes our operation run efficiently. IT has cross functional partners to drive new ideas and process improvement forward across the organization that extends to our Clients and their customers.
The Senior Front-End Developer will be improving the user experience by making web page interactions simple, easy and effective. Working with the product team and Software Developers, this person will ensure design specifications are executed. The Front-End Developer will assist in all states of software development, testing and delivery.
1. Resolves routine system problems for the WMS.
- Debugs software components and performs software modifications.
2. Designs and develops software products to enhance the WMS.
- Assists in the creation of design documents for new software components.
- Codes software components while adhering to established programming standards.
- Communicates with the team about the progress of development projects.
3. Developing User-Facing Features:
- Ensure the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs
- Optimize application for maximum speed and scalability on mobile and desktop
- Assure that all user input is validated before submitting to back-end
- Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders
- Build reusable code and libraries for future use
4. Ensures development testing is complete.
- Implements appropriate tests to ensure high quality code prior to roll out.
- Tests changes to application software to ensure quality and the required functionality is met.
5. Provides support for the implementation of new software application and subsequent usage.
- Provides troubleshooting to end users and assists them in the effective use of their system through formal or informal training.
6. Identifies and recommends ways to add value to the product.
7. Participates in team Scrum meetings (sprint planning, daily scrums, sprint reviews and retrospectives).
8. Managing and leading projects as assigned.
9. Performs other duties as requested.
Things You Can Do:
- Excellent MS Excel, Word, and Outlook skills.
- Experience with REACT with Redux
- Experience with C#/.NET
- Good understanding of server-side CSS pre-processing platforms, such as LESS and SASS.
- Flexible and able to adapt to changing priorities.
- Ensures integrity and adherence to the ethical values of the company.
- Problems are different and situations are constantly changing. Use considerable judgment and analysis to arrive at recommendations or conclusions.
- Responsibilities and objectives are assigned with broad freedom for decision making with primary control through general policy and guidance in collaboration with the Executive members.
What Gets You Excited:
- Building quality relationships with clients and co-workers.
- Ongoing learning opportunities.