Apply for an Operations Supervisor position in Surrey at NRI
The Operations Supervisor provides direction and support to the Leads and Order Fulfillment Processors from a process, people and information standpoint. The Operations Supervisor drives solutions to support growth goals, process and quality improvements and overall Client experience. The Operations Supervisor will support and drive progress ensuring timely delivery of orders and commitments by the Operations team, while collaborating closely with all functional areas of the organization to drive process improvement and innovation within NRI.
- Ensures that all inbound shipments are processed according to service level agreement (SLA) commitments to the Client.
- Ensures that multi-sku cartons are repackaged appropriately, and that all product is put to the appropriate location within the warehouse in a timely fashion.
- Plans Inbound labour requirements.
- Works with the Inbound Lead around the forward looking load and the Client Services Team regarding any anomalies that will need to be addressed on Inbound that will have an impact on labor. (i.e. 100% audit, quality inspection, etc.).
- Ensures there is enough labour and space to putaway scheduled inbound within 48 hours.
2. Order Processing
- Ensures orders are picked and packed as per Client and Customer specifications and are within service level agreement (SLA’s) requirements.
- Plans and manages fulfillment labour requirements.
- Works with the Inventory Management team regarding MIA’s and LF to bring to a timely resolution.
- Communicates with the CSC team regarding any escalations, anomalies or orders that require specific focus.
- Makes determination on employee audit percentage, dependent on performance.
- Ensures that condensing is completed to ensure utilization of space, while balancing labour requirements.
3. Value Added Services
- Ensures all VAS requirements are meeting or exceeding Client and/or Customer expectations and are within SLA requirements.
- Plans and manages VAS labor requirements.
- Ensures all outbound shipments are processed according to Client and Customer needs and within SLA’s.
- Manages Vendor Compliance processes to ensure complete compliance on all shipments that are leaving the facility. This includes, but may not be limited to: label placement and palletization.
- Plans shipping labour requirements by looking at forecast and interaction with the Client Services team around critical dates from our Clients.
- Works with the Value Added Services (VAS) function to ensure product needing VAS is being completed in conjunction with required shipping dates.
- Ensures all returns are processed within SLA’s.
- Ensures all returns are processed according to Client requirements (removal of tags, poly bagged, etc.)
- Source third parties for repair requirements that will not be done by NRI.
6. Provides Leadership.
- Ensures the training, cross-training and development of team members.
- Communicates expectations and provides regular feedback on performance
- Ensures safe operations of the business specific to their area of accountability, while being vocal about safety concerns in other areas.
- Focuses on process improvement that will drive efficiency, quality, safety and reduction of waste.
- Communicates, monitors and drives goals and operational performance.
- Timely completion of administrative duties (timesheets, reviews, leave requests, performance reviews, etc.)
7. Maintains a safe work environment and ensures that all safety and operating procedures are follow by all team members.
- Ensures that team members receive adequate training and follow Safe Job Procedures and safety rules.
- Ensures the reporting process is followed when an injury occurs.
- Ensures pallet jacks, forklifts, order pickers and motorized pallet jacks and other material handling equipment are operated safely.
- Participates in the Joint Occupational Health and Safety meetings.
- Responsible for the completion of monthly hazard assessments.
Things You Can Do:
- Excellent Office 365 skills.
- Strong WMS capabilities.
- Can get in front of a room of strangers and effectively communicate organizational messages and goals.
- Can communicate in an open, helpful and engaging manner.
- Creates a positive and strong team by coaching and mentoring.
- Is focused on delivering a positive Client experience.
- Is KPI driven and goal focused.
What Gets You Stoked:
- Kicking butt by hitting daily targets.
- Building relationships with co-workers.
- Working with great brands.
- Getting sweet deals on great brands.
- Likes not being told what to wear (we have no dress code).
The Must Haves:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain, Management or Logistics.
- 3+ years relevant work experience.
- Lives in accordance to and can make decisions based on our company values.