We have an opportunity for a UX Developer in our Surrey or Kamloops location. The UX Developer will be part designer and part developer improving the user experience by making web page interactions simple, easy and effective. Working with the product team and Software Developers, this person will ensure design specifications are organized and executed. The UX Developer will assist in all states of software development, including design, development, testing and delivery. This hands-on role will create user interface layouts, designs, personas, prototypes, mock-ups and wireframes for web applications and products.
1. Developing User-Facing Features
- Ensure the technical feasibility of UX designs.
- Optimize application for maximum speed and scalability on mobile and desktop.
- Assure that all user input is validated before submitting to back end.
- Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders.
- Build reusable code and libraries for future use.
2. Performing other related duties as assigned.
Things You Can Do:
- Can adapt to changing priorities and be flexible.
- Can present UX/UI designs to upper management.
- Lives the NRI Values (they are on the website so you should look them up).
- Uses considerable judgement and analysis to arrive at recommendations or conclusions.
- Can use REACT, with knowledge of REDUX being an asset.
- Has a proficient understanding of web markup.
What Gets You Stoked:
- Building relationships with co-workers.
- Setting goals and achieving results.
- Working with great brands.
- Getting sweet deals on great brands.
- Likes not being told what to wear (we don’t have a dress code).
- Cats and dogs in the workplace.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or a related field.
- 5+ years of hands-on experience with front end development technologies.
- Excellent Office 365 skills.
- Good understanding of SEO principles and ensuring that applications will adhere to them.
- Basic understanding of server-side CSS pre-processing platforms, such as LESS and SASS.