Apply for our Systems Administrator position in Los Angeles or Fontana
Information Technology (IT) is a small team with a big reach as the focus is on creating a positive experience for all employees in the organization. The team extends to our operations in Los Angeles and the Inland Empire. We are more than just a service provider to our internal and external clients. We believe in partnering with all our Clients and investing in that relationship in order to understand their needs and drive results. Our IT Team is a critical part in making these key relationships!
Reporting to the Director of IT, the Systems Administrator oversees numerous IT functions for NRI and this position is a key contact for all our teams and performs all functions related to computer and network maintenance.
1. Implements and manages all aspects of network infrastructure.
- Maintains firewalls, antivirus and other security software.
- Monitors network activity.
- Responsible for some network maintenance, including upgrades and updates for both hardware and software.
- Responsible for documentation and assistance in execution of corporate computer disaster recovery plan.
- Monitors performance of network infrastructure (switches, routers and firewalls).
2. Anticipates infrastructure needs and identifies solutions to satisfy them.
- Monitors network performance and enables users to effectively access data.
- Plans and manages the phone system.
- Reviews and advises on purchases on all hardware and software.
- Responsible for the installation of new computers, components and other electronic equipment.
- Responsible for the tracking of all hardware and software.
3. Responsible for the IT Help Desk functions.
- Required to be “on call” after hours to assist with urgent requests. This may include evenings, weekends and holidays as needed.
4. Manages the telephone system for both hardware and contractual concerns.
5. Performs other duties as requested.
Skills, Abilities and Expectations
- Excellent MS Excel, Word, and Outlook skills.
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally as necessary.
- This position involves weekly travel between our California facilities.
- Must have a reliable vehicle and be willing to visit and work out of other locations as necessary.
- Compensation per mileage is provided.
Education and Experience
- A Bachelor’s degree in a recognized program.
- MSCE Certification and A+ certification required.
- 3 – 5 years’ experience in Network Administration.
- 1 – 2 years’ experience in a Leadership position
- Good understanding of MS Application Software.
- Working knowledge of Windows 7 and 8.
- Knowledge of TCP/IP, FTP, DHCP, DNS, DFS, IIS, VPN, Terminal Services, Active Directory, Microsoft Exchange and SQL steps.