Apply for our Software Support Analyst position
We are looking for a candidate in our Kamloops office!
We will have an opportunity available for Software Support Analyst in our Kamloops location. The Software Support Analyst is responsible for delivering solutions to the WMS end users. This position acts as the liaison between the development team and WMS end users, analyzes help desk problems, finds solutions and provides a high level of customer support to clients and end users alike. This position also verifies that user requirements are met, defines/maintains test cases and is responsible for providing communications materials in support of the WMS software suite.
The hours of this position would be Monday – Friday, 8:00 am – 4:30 pm with some flexibility required.
Things You Can Do:
- Can communicate in an open, helpful and engaging manner
- Excellent Excel, Word, and Outlook skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Can problem solve while on HelpDesk
- Adapt to changing priorities and be flexible
- Provides a high level of service
- Has the confidence to bring forward ideas and voice concerns
- Has solid time and project management skills
For Bonus Points:
- Involvement in the local community or volunteerism is an asset
- Knowledge of Kanban concepts
What Gets You Excited:
- Building quality relationships with clients and co-workers
- Ongoing learning opportunities
- Having cats and dogs in the work environment
The Must Haves
- High school graduation and/or 1-3 years’ experience of operational processes
- Good understanding of MS application software
- Motivated by setting goals and achieving results and likes to have fun while doing it
- Lives in accordance to and can make decisions based on our company values (they are on our website so you should look them up).
*If this describes you then please keep reading!
1. Serves as a liaison between the development team and end users.
- Works with end users to help articulate requirements and to understand the scope of the project.
- Provides the development team the project scope end user requirements.
- Actively engages with end users to understand how the business operates and where improvements to existing functions can be made.
2. Provides Helpdesk Support and resolves problems.
- Monitors and responds quickly and effectively to requests received through the helpdesk.
- Identifies and organizes tickets according to priority and resolves or forwards them to Hardware Support or the Software Development team for escalation.
- Provides guidance, trouble shooting and solutions to issues for minor WMS, computer systems and equipment malfunctions.
- Follows up on end user questions and problems until resolution.
- Utilizes and maintains the help desk issue tracking software.
3. Ensures that quality assurance is done in a timely manner.
- Works with developers and end users to resolve QA issues.
- WMS standards are met and are free of bugs
4. Responsible for user acceptance testing.
- Develops the test plan and approach for each project (inclusive of test cases and scenarios).
- Reviews requirements upfront to determine test cases are adequately defined by the designer.
- Performs user acceptance testing.
- Communicates issues and testing results/status to the internal and external teams.
- Maintains a test case library for future tests.
5. Supports the Hardware Support Manager and Software Support Supervisors with any necessary tasks.
6. Identifies and recommends ways to add value to the product.
7. Creates new tickets for inconsistencies within the WMS.
8. Creates, reviews and maintains software document material.
- Responsible for the integrity of software documentation.
- Works on software program documentation, software online help system and software training materials.
9. Publishes IT communications to end users.
- Demonstrates software changes to end users.
- Develops training materials, user manuals and other training resources.
We offer attractive working conditions and benefits to our team members and their families:
- Competitive salaries;
- Choice benefits plan;
- Flexible and fun work environment;
- Ability to order directly from our amazing Clients;
- Profit share program;
- Development and ongoing learning opportunities;
- Ability to have a say and make an impact on the organization