Apply for a Software Developer position in Kamloops, BC
Our Software Development department is a small team with a big reach. We have 2 full-time, permanent opportunities available in our Kamloops location. The Software Developer will work on designing, developing and debugging software to improve our Warehouse Management System (Aspire).
The hours of this position will be Monday - Friday, 8:00 am - 4:30 pm with some flexibility available and required.
1. Resolves routine system problems for Aspire.
- Debugs software components and performs software modifications.
- Performs data import/export procedures as required.
- Monitors system and automated import/export logs for errors and issues.
- Provides ad hoc reports as required.
2. Designs and develops software products to enhance Aspire.
- Assists with the creation of design documents for new software components.
- Codes software components while adhering to established programming standards.
- Communicates with the team about the progress of development projects.
3. Ensures development testing is complete.
- Implements appropriate tests to ensure high quality code prior to roll out.
- Tests changes to application software to ensure quality and the required functionality is met.
4. Provides support for the implementation of new software application and subsequent usage.
- Provides troubleshooting to end users and assists them in the effective use of their system through formal and informal training.
5. Identifies and recommends ways to add value ot the product.
6. Participates in team Scrum meetings (sprint planning, daily scrums, sprint reviews and restrospectives).
Things You Can Do:
- Works effectively in an open team environment.
- Has high attention to detail.
- Has excellent problem solving skills, including the ability to draw reasonable conclusions from information provided.
- Provides a high level of customer service.
For Bonus Points (these would be awesome but are not required):
- Microsoft SQL Server.
- Microsoft Azure cloud development.
- Experience working with Git, Stash and/or Jira.
- Experience working with a warehouse management or order processing system.
- Experience with agile development concepts.
- Experience writing unit tests.
- EDI experience.
- Financial accounting knowledge.
What Gets You Stoked:
- Building quality relationships with clients and co-workers.
- Ongoing learning opportunities.
- A 2 year post-secondary diploma in software development.
- 2 - 3 years of experience in software development.
- Exposure to a .NET language (VB, C++, C#, ASP, etc).
- Good understanding of MS Application software.
- Mobile, web and API experience.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Windows.
- Lives in accordance to and can make decisions based on our company values (they are on our website so you should look them up).