Apply for a Software Developer Position in Kamloops or Surrey, BC.
Our Software Development department is a small team with a big reach. We have 2 full-time, permanent opportunities available in either our Kamloops or Surrey location. The Software Developer will work on designing, developing and debugging software to improve our overal Warehouse Management System (Aspire).
The hours of this position would be Monday – Friday, 8:00 am – 4:30 pm with some flexibility required.
1. Serve as a liaison between the development team and end users.
- Works with end users to help articulate requirements and to understand the scope of the project.
- Provides the development team the project scope end user requirements.
- Actively engages with end users to understand how the business operates and where improvements to existing functions can be made.
2. Provides helpdesk support and resolves problems.
- Monitors and responds quickly and effectively to requests received through the helpdesk.
- Identifies and organizes tickets according to priority and forwards them to IT Support or the Software Development team for escalation.
- Provides guidance, trouble shooting and solutions to issues for minor WMS, computer systems and equipment malfunctions.
- Follows up on end user questions and problems until resolution.
- Utilizes and maintains the help desk issue tracking software.
3. Ensures that quality assurance is done in a timely manner.
- Works with developers and end users to resolve QA issues.
- WMS standards are met and are free of bugs.
4. Responsible for user acceptance testing.
- Develops the test plan and approach for each project (inclusive of test cases and scenarios).
- Reviews requirements upfront to determine test cases are adequately defined by the designer.
- Performs user acceptance testing.
- Communicates issues and testing results/status to the internal and external teams.
- Maintains a test case library for future tests.
5. Supports the Systems Administrator in any hardware related tasks:
- Configuring computers.
- Setup and removal of computers.
- Set up and configuration of handhelds.
6. Identifies and recommends ways to add value to the product.
7. Participates in Scrum meetings (sprint planning, daily scrums, sprint reviews and retrospectives).
8. Creates new tickets for inconsistencies within the WMS.
9. Creates, revises and maintains software document material.
- Responsible for the integrity of software documentation.
- Works on software program documentation, software online help system and software training materials.
10. Publishes IT communications to end users.
- Demonstrates software changes to end users.
- Develops training materials, user manuals and other training resources.
Things You Can Do:
- Excellent MS Excel, Word and Outlook skills.
- Strong focus on service excellence for WMS end users.
- Solid problem resolution, time management and project management skills.
What Gets You Stoked:
- Building quality relationships with Clients and co-workers.
- Ongoing learning opportunities.
- Having dogs in the work environment.
- Setting goals and achieving them.