Apply for a Shipping Supervisor position in Fontana.
We have a full-time, permanent opportunity for a Shipping Supervisor to support our operation based in Fontana, California.
This position is a vital component of the Operations Team with a huge impact to our clients, their customers and our organization. We are more than just a service provider to our internal and external clients. We believe in partnering with all our Clients and investing in that relationship in order to understand their needs and drive results. Our Operations Team is a critical part in making these key relationships successful!
Provides leadership, supervision and guidance for Shippers and Packing Team Leads by prioritizing and delegating tasks.
Ensures GOS, production and client needs are met for the outbound area.
- Ensures that all outbound shipments are processed according to client and customer needs.
- Manages Vendor Compliance (VC) processes to ensure proper label placement and palletization requirements and making sure floor team is aware of label placement guidelines. Working with Client Services (CS) to make sure VC guides and templates on the floor contain the latest revisions and all guides/job aids are standardized. Develops checklists and processes to ensure shipments are compliant prior to leaving the facility. Records and documents proof of compliance.
- Plans shipping labor requirements by utilizing the Warehouse Management System to manage ship staging, forward looking to compression points, working with CS team around dates and pickup planning. Ensure shipping teams on both shifts are pulling/staging/labelling/scanning to header ahead of pickups.
- Work with Value Added Services (VAS) to ensure product needing VAS is being worked timely. Staffing to make sure support is planned during peak times. Ensuring cutoffs are adhered to and approving any late ship requests outside of original schedule.
- Manages the packed shipment list by ensuring COD, P&H, CC, VAS and LTL shipments are processed in accordance with GOS needs and according to client and customer standards.
- Ensures that dangerous goods are shipped according to TDG standards.
- Runs manifests and ensures accuracy when carrier pick-ups occur.
- Works directly with Router to schedule outbound appointments.
- Ensures that administration tasks and paperwork is complete for all outbound.
Maintains grid and facility layout and makes recommendations for changes as needed.
- Gathers information from transportation providers and Client Services Coordinators, and works with the Production Supervisor to effectively plan the outbound warehouse floor footprint and prioritize tasks.
- Controls and directs the use of the outbound dock grids, and works closely with the Production Supervisor to accommodate the needs. Responsible for all record keeping, updating and tracking of grid action.
- Recommends the use of storage trailers and satellite facilities as required.
- Ensures that goods are located and stored in a safe and efficient manner and rotated as required.
- Recommends and coordinates product moves for the Production Supervisor to schedule and implement.
Things You Can Do:
- Bill of Lading Knowledge, including specific retailer knowledge, carton verification, FTL and LTL loading requirements.
- Vendor Compliance Knowledge
- Production/Labor Planning Knowledge.
- Experience with Lean/Six Sigma an asset.
- Excellent MS Excel, Word, and Outlook skills.
Things That Get You Stoked:
- Quality and accountability in all actions.
- Fairness in all relationships.
- Balance of success and lifestyle.
- Promoting leadership at all levels.
- Disciplined and committed focus on results.
- Contributing to and sharing in prosperity.
- Relationships are worth investing in.
- Respect for the community and the environment.
- High School diploma or equivalent, Post-secondary would be an asset
- 3+ years experience shipping and warehouse experience.
- 3+ years supervisory experience
- Staff purchase program – wear the brands you love!
- Staff benefits plan – chose the benefits that are right for you!
- Flexible and fun work environment – work hard and play hard!
- No dress code – everyone gets to be who they are!
- Internal opportunities – we believe in growing our own!