Apply for our Senior Industrial Engineer position in Fontana
NRI Distribution is a specialist in providing North American logistics services to apparel, footwear, equipment and accessories manufacturers in the outdoor, action sports, fashion and lifestyle industries. We are champions in both wholesale and ecommerce fulfillment. At NRI a high level of service is a MUST, while providing an enjoyable and freedom-centric workplace to our team members. Both the Client and our team member experience is very important to us! To learn more about us please visit us online via our website (www.nri-distribution.com) and our Facebook page (www.facebook.com/NRIdistribution).
Industrial Engineering is a team that covers our USA and Canada operations and focuses on LEAN/Continuous Improvement, Research/Analysis and Project Management. As a rapidly growing company, innovation is critical to NRI as we strive to continue to be a leader in the fast paced changes of our industry.
We recognize the opportunities technology brings in an environment of continuous improvement as well as change. Can you challenge process and be collaborative? Do you prefer to identify opportunity and present solutions to leadership? Are you comfortable in a relationship where you create results every day to justify your role and add value to the team? We view the realities of budget constraints and ROI as challenges and not limitations, do you? If you appreciate new tech solutions, simplicity, data driven decisions and initiating change, keep reading.
- LEAN Operations / Continuous Improvement
- Facilitate LEAN methodology and recommend solutions to specific business case issues.
- Understand and apply essential LEAN elements like workflow smoothing.
- Maintain subject matter expertise in proven industry methods and tools such as value-stream mapping and 5S.
- Work with the leadership team to drive continual improvement programs, events and workshops.
- Ensure that all projects include a sustainability component and drive adherence at multiple levels within the organization utilizing integrated process audits, floor-level dashboards and management scorecards.
- Lead all LEAN efforts in an organized manner with steering team deployment and roadmap/critical path development.
- Illustrate continual improvement successes in a case study before and after format that quantifies value and documents actions taken for future reapplication.
- Research / Analysis
- Establishes work measurement programs and analyzes work samples to develop standards for labor utilization.
- Analyze contractual commitments, Client specifications, design changes and other data to drive continuous improvement and meet or exceed expectations of Clients.
- Perform cost/benefit tradeoff analysis and develop ROI business cases for recommended projects involving process, system or technology change.
- Forecasts facility, staffing and/or material handling equipment needs in order to improve cost, utilization, service, quality, safety and efficiencies.
- Conducts studies to determine the most efficient sequence of operations and workflow by analyzing production costs, process flow charts and production schedules.
- Recommends methods of maximizing the utilization of production facilities and personnel by restructuring job duties, reorganizing work flow, relocating workstations and equipment and purchasing equipment in adherence with governmental, health, safety and other regulations.
- Partner with key functional groups that are part of implementation (HR, IT, Operations, etc.) to develop Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s).
- Assist with developing/presenting training materials and classes based on new and revised Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s).
- Project Management
- Determines feasibility of projects factoring costs, available space, schedule limitations, organization goals, technical requirements and economic factors.
- Develops and implement project plans and timelines.
- Coordinates subcontractors, vendors and internal resources.
- Resolves problems to ensure meeting of organizational commitments.
Things You Can Do:
- Excellent technical capabilities, inclusive of tier one WMS experience.
- Proficiency in MS Office Applications
- Knowledge of engineering and design software and equipment like MS-Project,AutoCAD and Visio.
- The ability to travel domestically and internationally on a regular basis.
- The ability to be flexible and adapt to changing priorities.
- The ability to bring cross-functional teams together to collaborate on projects.
What Gets You Stoked:
- Building quality relationships with co-workers, vendors and contractors.
- Ongoing learning opportunities.
- Setting goals and achieving them.
The Must Haves
- A solutions focused approach to everything you do.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Business, Logistics or related field and/or 10 years of relevant work experience.
- Background in apparel and/or footwear in a pick and pack environment.
- Experience overseeing the opening of new facilities.
- Experience in continuous improvement tools/methodologies to drive customer fulfillment, quality, efficiency and safety.
- Lives in accordance to and can make decisions based on our company values (visit http://www.nri-distribution.com to look them up).