Apply for our permanent Machine Operator position in Kamloops!
We are looking for a Machine Operator to work Monday – Friday, 7:00 am – 3:30 pm in our Kamloops, BC location. Compensation for this position is $17.00/hour. Under the direction of the Operations Supervisor, or his or her designate, the Machine Operator performs all functions related to the operation of the warehouse and related material handling duties. With a focus on results, the Machine Operator will support and drive progress ensuring timely processing of product and commitments by the Operations team, while collaborating closely with the supervisor and all functional areas of the organization to drive process improvement and innovation within NRI.
- Equipment Operator - Material Handling Equipment (MHE) - Operating specific motorized warehouse machinery. Narrow isle Fork Lift - NRI Certification Required.
- Operate forklifts, electric pallet-jacks and other motorized material handling equipment in a safe manner and follow all safety procedures when working around machines.
- Receiving - Safely unloading goods from delivery vehicle and locating to specific grid locations for inbound audit. Locating goods to put away or repack locations after inbound processing.
- Cycle counting, and inventory checks as assigned.
- Shipping - Assist Lead Shipper in the shipping process and loading of product.
- All warehouse duties as assigned.
- Follow NRI Safety Rules, Safety Procedures, Security Protocol and Standard Operating Procedures.
- Keeps work and storage areas in a safe, clean, and tidy condition at all times.
- Ensure skids are sorted, stacked and in good repair, removing any damaged skids.
- Identify information by categorizing, recognizing differences or similarities, and detecting changes.
- Ability to decipher strings of numbers and descriptions while matching it exactly to information given.
- Performs other duties as requested.
Things You Can Do:
- Proficient technical capabilities, including the operation of motorized equipment, use of a scanner.
- Previous warehouse experience would be beneficial but not required.
- Have the ability to be flexible and adapt to changing priorities.
- Decisions have a critical effect on the organization’s reputation, team members, client services, policies or operations.
- Attention to detail
- Safety Conscious
What Gets You Stoked:
- Kicking butt by hitting daily targets.
- Building relationships with co-workers.
- Working with great brands.
- Getting sweet deals on great brands.
- Likes not being told what to wear (we don’t have a dress code).
- Grade 12 and/or
- 1 – 3 years of relevant experience.
- MHE experience required, certification a plus.
- Physical ability to carry out the duties, including the ability to lift and carry up to 50 lbs, walking and standing for extended periods, climbing ladders, and tolerating conditions such as dust, dirt, noise, odors, heat, cold, etc.
- Experience preferred in continuous improvements to drive customer fulfillment, quality, efficiency and safety.
- Lives in accordance to and can make decisions based on our company values.