The Inventory Team are the behind the scene heroes who make our operation run more effectively. The focus is the bin reserve/slotting program; which, strategically plans the product layout in a more effective manner to improve efficiency so we can crush our Client’s goals in their busy season.
The position is based in our Kamloops, BC location and reports into the Inventory Manager. The Inventory Planner is someone who is focused on creating exceptional experiences for our Clients by achieving our internal KPI’s. You will do this through leveraging interdepartmental relationships and working in partnership with our Clients.
The hours for this position are Monday – Friday, 8:00 – 4:30 pm.
1. Works with our Clients to secure season item data ahead of their season for the bin reserve/slotting program.
2. Works with the Operations team to:
- Plan the storage footprint for the Clients.
- Determine item placement by product type.
- Determine quantity of slots and ensure adequate supplies for racking.
- Secures sufficient labour for set up and maintenance of the bin reserve/slotting program.
- Maintains capacity levels of inventory.
- Recommends Client moves for best utilization of space throughout the year.
3. Performs or leads condensing tasks to accommodate slotting.
4. Uses warehouse management system to slot the season item listing.
5. Monitors slotting to ensure no honey combing and reallocates product.
6. Maintains the Client Storage Allocation table in warehouse management system.
7. Maintains Location Maintenance in warehouse management system.
8. Complete other duties as assigned.
Things You Can Do:
- Can communication in an open, helpful and engaging manner.
- Strong systems and Microsoft Office and Excel skills.
- Is a pro at creating interdepartmental relationships.
- Brings forward obstacles so they can be removed.
What Gets You Stoked:
- Building quality relationshiops with Clients and coworkers.
- Ongoing learning opportunities.
- Having dogs in the work environment.
The Must Haves:
- A Bachelor's degree is Supply Chain, Management or Logistics.
- 3+ years of warehouse management system experience.
- 5+ years of warehouse experience.
- Knowledge and experience with LEAN manufacturing.
- Is focused on the Client experience.
- Able to travel locally, across Canada and internationally.
- KPI driven (that is why this position exists).
- Lives in accordance to and can make decisions based on our company values (they are on our website so you should look them up).
We offer attractive working conditions and benefits to our team members and their families:
- Competitive salaries;
- Choice benefits plan;
- Flexible and fun work environment;
- Ability to order directly from our amazing Clients;
- Autonomy in decision making;
- Profit share program;
- Development and ongoing learning opportunities;
- Ability to have a say and make an impact on the organization.
To apply submit a cover letter and resume via email to Carly Gordon, Human Resources Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org no later than September 12, 2018. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those who are selected for an interview will be contacted.
Check out what we are up to on social media! We are on FaceBook, Instagram and Twitter.