The Industrial Engineer has a wide impact on the organization as they identify waste, de-bottleneck our operations and create solutions which make us better. The Industrial Engineer drives new ideas and process improvement across the entire organization.
Even though they often work alone, the Industrial Engineer is someone who is good at creating partnerships and teams within the organization. Their success depends on these relationships and the buy in it creates. This role is to make the organization more efficient; therefore, helping us create the upmost positive experience for our Clients and their customers.
For the right individual this is a relocation opportunity for an Industrial Engineer in our Kamloops, British Columbia location.
1. Performs general engineering duties.
- Completes time studies, ROI analysis for capital projects and process analysis.
- Looks at building layout, design and effectiveness and provides recommendations.
- Develops effective operational tools.
- Develops and maintains Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s).
- Performs storage utilization and capacity analysis.
- Project management.
2. Leads and coordinates facility openings and consolidations.
3. Oversees continuous improvement initiatives (inclusive of participating in LEAN program management).
4. Contributes to strategic planning and feasibility analysis.
5. Participates on design teams and collaborates with Software Developers on specifications for the warehouse management system (Aspire).
6. Leads changes to the Standard Operating Procedures in order to increase organizational efficiencies.
7. Provides training, education and work guidance to other team members in the organization around new projects, processes, etc.
8. Updates and revised CAD drawings of facility layouts for the purpose of RFPs, racking changes and layout changes.
9. Participates in getting quotes and budgeting for new warehouse equipment, racking, supplies, etc.
10. Drives process standardization.
11. Performs other duties as requested.
Things You Can Do:
- Has a passport and can travel domestically and internationally as necessary.
- Can communicate in an open, helpful and engaging manner.
- Strong presentation, meeting etiquette and speaking skills.
- Strong Office 365 skills.
- Good technical writing and CAD skills.
- Builds relationships across all departments.
What Gets You Stoked:
- Building quality relationships with Clients and coworkers.
- Ongoing learning opportunities.
- Having dogs in the work environment.
- Blowing KPI's and goals out of the water.
The Must Haves:
- A Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Business, Logistics or related field.
- 1 - 5 years of relevant work experience with exposure to the following:
- Developing score of need/work documents.
- Leading continous improvement process (Kaizen, LEAN).
- Developing engineered work standards.
- Developing work process flows.
- Value stream mapping.
- Leading/facilitating/planning/implementing projects.
- Lives in accordance to and can make decisions based on our company values (they are on our website so you should look them up).
We offer attractive working conditions and benefits to our team members and their families:
- Competitive salaries;
- Choice benefits plan;
- Flexible and fun work environment;
- Ability to order directly from our amazing Clients;
- Autonomy in decision making;
- Profit share program;
- Development and ongoing learning opportunities;
- Ability to have a say and make an impact on the organization.
To apply submit a cover letter and resume via email to Dean Stainton, Director of Human Resources, at firstname.lastname@example.org no later than December 14, 2018. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those who are selected for an interview will be contacted.