Apply for an ICT position in Surrey at NRI
We have multiple positions available for seasonal, full-time Inventory Control Technicians in our Surrey location. The seasonal positions are up to 40 hours per week, may include overtime, and are year round employment with 2 temporary layoff periods per year. We are offering the following shifts:
- Monday - Thursday, 3:30 pm - 2:00 am ($14.30/hour with shift differential applied)
- Monday - Thursday, 6:00 pm - 11:00 pm ($13.00/hour)
- Monday - Friday, 7:00 am - 3:30 pm ($13.00/hour)
- Monday - Friday, 9:00 am - 2:00 pm ($13.00/hour)
Anticipated Start Date: Early to mid June 2017
- Picking – Locating and selecting product for orders in an accurate and timely manner.
- Condensing – combining product from different containers into a single container to reduce the overall number of containers on a shelf and thus increasing warehouse organization
- Repackaging – verifying items and quantities of product and decanting into a new container that fits the shelf.
- Put away – Safely and accurately locating the repackaged containers onto the shelves.
- Packing – Safely and accurately placing ordered product in boxes for shipping.
- Scanning – Using your attention to detail, run orders through a scan station to verify accuracy.
- Inventory Counts - Accurately counting goods during physical counts to meet audit or inventory control requirements.
- Operate pallet-jacks and other material handling equipment in a safe manner, and follow all safety procedures when working around machines.
- Follow security protocol for the warehouse and facility.
- Follow NRI Safety Rules, Safety Procedures, and Standard Operating Procedures.
- Maintain cleanliness for the warehouse and ensure adequate supplies are available
- Keeps work and storage areas in a safe, clean, and tidy condition at all times.
- Physical ability to carry out the duties, including the ability to lift and carry up to 50 lbs, walking and standing for extended periods, climbing ladders, and tolerating conditions such as dust, dirt, noise, odors, heat, cold, etc.
Previous warehouse experience would be awesome but it's not a requirement! We provide on the job training for all our tasks.
Reliable transportation is essential as the bus does not operate during some of our hours.
You must like physical work! You will get lots of exercise so you can probably cancel your gym pass once you are hired as you won't need it after working a shift.
We look for people who fit into our environment by demonstrating behaviours that fit our values (see the rest of our website for those).
All interested candidates should submit their resume via email to email@example.com. Please ensure to clearly state the shift that you are interested in applying for.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.