Apply for an ICT position in Kamloops at NRI
Currently we are done hiring Casual ICT's for our winter season. We will be collecting resumes as we anticipate to be hiring again in June 2017. Some information regarding our Casual ICT positions are listed below:
Casual ICT are seasonal positions work up to 40 hours a week, may include overtime, and are year round employment with 2 temporary layoff periods per year. We are offering the following shifts:
- Sunday - Wednesday, 3:30 pm - 2:00 am ($11.50/hour + shift differential)
- Monday - Thursday, 3:30 pm - 2:00 am ($11.50/hour + shift differential)
- Monday - Friday, 7:00 am - 3:30 pm ($11.50/hour)
*Preference will be given to those who are able to work the afternoon shifts.
Our pay range is $11.50 - $16.25/hour. We conduct regular performance and wage reviews so there is opportunity to move your wage up as you are trained in more functions.
Anticipated start date is either late January or early February.
- Picking – Locating and selecting product for orders in an accurate and timely manner.
- Condensing – combining product from different containers into a single container to reduce the overall number of containers on a shelf and thus increasing warehouse organization
- Repackaging – verifying items and quantities of product and decanting into a new container that fits the shelf.
- Put away – Safely and accurately locating the repackaged containers onto the shelves.
- Packing – Safely and accurately placing ordered product in boxes for shipping.
- Scanning – Using your attention to detail, run orders through a scan station to verify accuracy.
- Inventory Counts - Accurately counting goods during physical counts to meet audit or inventory control requirements.
- Operate pallet-jacks and other material handling equipment in a safe manner, and follow all safety procedures when working around machines.
- Follow security protocol for the warehouse and facility.
- Follow NRI Safety Rules, Safety Procedures, and Standard Operating Procedures.
- Maintain cleanliness for the warehouse and ensure adequate supplies are available
- Physical ability to carry out the duties, including the ability to lift and carry up to 50 lbs, walking and standing for extended periods, climbing ladders, and tolerating conditions such as dust, dirt, noise, odors, heat, cold, etc.
- Previous warehouse experience would be awesome but it's not required!
- Reliable transportation is essential as the bus does not operation during some of our hours.
- You must like physical work! You will probably cancel your gym pass as you won't need it after working a shift.
- We look for people who fit into our environment by demonstrating behaviours that fit our values (see the rest of the website for those).