Apply for a Human Resources Coordinator position in Fontana, California
We have an opportunity available for a Human Resources Coordinator (HR Coordinator) in our newest Fontana location. Under the direction of the Human Resources Manager, the HR Coordinator will enable a culture of excellence through assisting with the implementation of various Human Resources related programs that align with departmental objectives and the organization’s vision, mission and values.
The HR Coordinator is responsible for supporting the Human Resources department with coordinating hourly recruitment, employee events and other processes and programs. This vital position provides great customer service to all team members and is an important resource for our employees and external contacts.
- Coordinates job fairs and recruitment efforts with local colleges and other community partners.
- Collects applications, resumes, prescreens applicants, and schedules and conducts interviews.
- Completes employment verifications and employment references.
- Follows up after interviews, books orientation and training.
- Coordinates the onboarding process, and completes new hire data entry and all associated processes.
- Updates numerous departmental tracking reports daily and as needed.
- Assists with NRI's Safety Program and administration.
- Supports and drives NRI's culture by coordinating Social Responsibility activities and employee recognition.
- Coordinates the Stoked recognition program and years of service awards.
- Initiates, develops, and executes a wide range of communication messages and programs.
- Assists with NRI's benefits program tracking and coordination.
- Educates all eligible employees on their benefits, including how to process claims.
- Assists employees with benefits eligibility, enrollment and Open Enrollment.
- Assists with the administration of professional development and operational training programs.
- Assists with research for projects.
- Translates documents and communications from English to Spanish (if bilingual).
- Answers employee requests and questions in person, via email or over the phone.
- Updates personnel status changes.
Things You Can Do:
- Strengths in problem solving, issue resolution, thinking on your feet and multi-tasking.
- Can build rapport with anyone, anytime and under any condition.
- Can communicate in an open, helpful and engaging manner.
- Strong systems and Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook skills.
What Gets You Stoked:
- Building quality relationships with all co-workers and external contacts.
- Passionate about delivering an exceptional employee experience.
- Ongoing learning opportunities.
- Having dogs in the work environment.
The Must Haves
- Ensures consistent implementation and adherence to the high standard of culture and ethical values of the company.
- The ability to use Microsoft PowerPoint, Word, Excel and Outlook at an intermediate or advanced level.
- 3+ years experience asa HR Generalist or Coordinator.
- Extensive knowledge of local, state and federal labor laws.
- Working in afast paced environment.
- Quick learner and self-starter able to work independently.
- Problems or situations are different and require interpretation. Use judgment to identify the most appropriate solution from several options using prior knowledge and experience.
- Responsibilities and objectives are assigned with considerable freedom for decision making using technical or experiential knowledge and company standards. Strongdecision making skills essential.
- Previous 3PL or Distribution Center experience preferred.
- Bilingual skills a plus.
- Staff purchase program – wear the brands you love!
- Choice benefits plan – choose the benefits that are right for you!
- Dogs at work – the best days are those that start with a canine greeting!
- Flexible and fun work environment – work hard and play hard!
- No dress code – everyone gets to be who they are!
- Internal opportunities – we believe in growing our own!