Apply for our Human Resources Assistant position
We are looking for a candidate in our Kamloops office!
The Human Resources department is a small team with a big reach as the focus is on creating an exceptional employee experience. At NRI HR is both a business partner and a service provider, with the expectation of high levels of service to ensure a great employee experience. HR is a driver of organization culture at NRI and one of the best ways to ensure the right culture is by bringing on the right people.
We have an opportunity available for a Human Resources Assistant in our Kamloops location. The Human Resources Assistant enables a culture of excellence by driving forward various HR related processes and programs that align with departmental and organizational objectives and needs.
The hours of this position would be Monday – Friday, 8:00 am – 4:30 pm with some flexibility required.
Things You Can Do:
- Excellent Office 365 skills.
- Can get in front of a room of strangers and effectively facilitate orientation.
- Can build rapport with anyone, anytime and under any condition.
- Can communicate in an open, helpful and engaging manner.
- Can promote the NRI brand via social media.
- Has the confidence to voice concerns and bring forward ideas.
- Understands BC Employment Standards and BC Human Rights legislation.
What Gets You Excited:
- Building quality relationships with clients and co-workers.
- Ongoing learning opportunities.
- Having dogs in the work environment.
For Bonus Points
- Involvement in the local community or volunteerism is an asset.
The Must Haves
- A recognized post-secondary diploma or degree in Human Resources.
- 1 year of HR experience.
- Lives in accordance to and can make decisions based on our company values (visit http://www.nri-distribution.com to look them up).
*If this describes you then please keep reading!
1. Responsible for coordinating the hourly warehouse recruitment process.
- Participates in the weekly staffing meetings with Operations.
- Communicates staffing plans to the organization.
- Posts internal and external job postings.
- Collects applications, pre-screens applicants, and schedules and facilitates interviews.
- Follows up with candidates, makes offers, facilitates onboarding and books training.
2. Support’s NRI’s culture by creating and executing programs that promote our values.
- Coordinates social club and volunteer initiatives.
- Coordinates and promotes work place wellness initiatives.
- Administers, promotes and educates on the Stoked recognition program.
3. Assists with communication messages, plans and programs.
- Assists with the development of the Skillet (quarterly newsletter).
- Coordinates and participates in town hall and all staff meetings.
- Assits with NRI's social media platforms and messages.
4. Assists with the training and education for NRI’s benefits program.
- Ensures all eligible employees are enrolled onto NRI’s benefits plan.
- Educates eligible employees on their benefits and the claims process.
5. Coordinates the hourly performance management processes.
- Acts as a liaison, working with employees and Supervisors in coaching, conflict management and NRI’s disciplinary process.
- Provides performance appraisal schedules to Supervisors.
- Coordinates NRI’s attendance management program.
6. Performs other duties as requested.
We offer attractive working conditions and benefits to our team members and their families:
- Competitive salaries;
- Choice benefits plan;
- Flexible and fun work environment;
- Ability to order directly from our amazing Clients;
- Profit share program;
- Development and ongoing learning opportunities;
- Ability to have a say and make an impact on the organization