Apply for our Hardware Support Technician position
We have a position in our Kamloops office!
We have an opportunity available for a Hardware Support Technician in our Kamloops location. The Hardware Support Technician provides a hands-on approach with an entrepreneurial touch. They provide user support and solutions to ensure the user experience is optimized. While considering the priorities of the organization, this individual has the ability to gain results while managing multiple scenarios at one time.
1. Provides support to all facilities in region.
- Responding to email requests that require IT assistance (i.e. programs not working, printers not working). Many of these requests are handled remotely.
- Is on a rotating on call list to provide support to ensure operations continue to run during all scheduled shifts.
- Working scheduled after-hours times for the purposes of upgrades, repairs or installations that would otherwise interrupt operations.
- Troubleshooting requests and if unable to action to resolution, sending the request in the correct direction.
- Setting up functionality for new employees (usernames, email accounts, phone).
2. Coordinates all handheld activity.
- Fixes handheld units.
- Coordinates and communicates with Supervisors and Managers regarding issues so it can be addressed. Escalating to the Hardware Support Manager if necessary.
- Coordinate with suppliers to support any technical issues that cannot be resolved on site.
3. Purchasing/Vendor Management.
- In conjunction with Operations, determine what equipment is needed for each site, keeping in mind support, warranty and other tangible considerations like toner requirements.
- Purchasing of phones when needed.
- Coordinate with VOIP or traditional telecom provider regarding any issues related to the telephones.
- Source and coordinate Internet provider for install dates and times when opening a new facility.
4. Security, maintenance and other tasks.
- Clean-up the physical network, including firewalls, switches and associated wiring (testing, checking prior to escalating to the Hardware Support Manager).
- Ensures the cleaning of the print heads by working with the Supervisors and Managers to provide training so scheduled maintenance occurs.
- Works with Supervisors to ensure security protocols are followed (i.e. no charging phones on computers).
- Monitors the wireless network connections and associated clients within the organization to ensure there is no irregular activity.
- Configuration, update, installation and troubleshooting of individual phones. This includes firmware updates, system settings and communication with the VOIP provider as necessary for adjustments and troubleshooting.
- Configuration, update, installation and troubleshooting of PC’s and their associated software.
- Installation and troubleshooting of security software.
- Runs cabling for new and existing sites as required.
5. Performs other duties as requested.
Things You Can Do:
- Excellent Office 365 skills.
- Has the ability to travel amongst all facilities in the region.
- Has the ability to be flexible and adapt to changing priorities.
- Has the ability to troubleshoot and problem solve.
- Can provide an excellent level of customer service.
- Has effective communication and interpersonal skills.
What Gets You Stoked:
- Building quality relationships with co-workers.
- Ongoing learning opportunities.
- Having dogs or cats in the work environment.
- A recognized post-secondary certificate.
- MSCE certification.
- A+ certification would be an asset.
- 1 – 3 years of experience with telephone or technical support and hardware maintenance.
- Good understanding of MS Application software.
- Working knowledge of Windows 7 - 10.
- Lives in accordance to and can make decisions based on our company values.