Apply for an Accounting Manager/Controller Position in Kamloops, BC.
We have a full-time opportunity available for an Accounting Manager/Controller in our Kamloops, BC location. Under the direction of the CFO, the Accounting Manager/Controller leads all aspects of finance, including financial reporting and regulatory filings, analysis, budgets and forecasts, cash management, banking and financing. This position is accountable for financial management systems and control processes and facilitates sound business decisions by providing timely, relevant and accurate financial advice and information to the management team. This position also provides guidance and direction to the Financial Services department.
The hours of this position are Monday - Friday, 8:00 am - 4:30 pm, with some flexibility required.
1. Accountable for achieving accounting operational objectives.
- Contributes accounting information and recommendations to strategic plans and reviews.
- Prepares and completes action plans.
- Implements production, productivity, quality and customer service standards.
- Resolves problems.
- Completes audits, identifies trends and determines system improvements.
- Implements change to make continuous improvements.
2. Responsible for leading the Financial Services team.
- Responsible for creating a team with the right mix of skills, experience and NRI values.
- Creates a positive learning and development experience for the Financial Services team members.
- Works with the Financial Services team to execute innovative, effective solutions that meet our Client's and the organization's needs.
- Delegates the team members and creates an environment where they can take initiative and succeed.
- Builds positive relationships with team members, communicates job expectations and provides feedback on performance.
3. Completes general financial reporting in accordance with regulatory requirements.
- Prepares the financial statements monthly and reports on variances.
- Performs analysis of financial statements and working papers, correcting discrepancies.
- Coordinates year end engagement requirements.
- Prepares T4s and T5s are required.
4. Guides other departments by researching and interpreting accounting policy; applying observations and recommendations to operational issues.
5. Maintains financial security by establishing internal controls.
6. Responsible for understanding current and proposed legislation, enforcing the accounting regulations and recommending new procedures to avoid legal challenges. Updates job knowledge regularily.
7. Responsible for setting an maintaining key performance indicators.
8. Monitors/advises cash flow requirements for all companies.
- Monitors current and immediate cash requirements.
- Advises on mid to long term working capital and cash requirements.
9. Responsible for the budgeting process for NRI Canada.
- Maintains forecasting modules.
- Prepares the annual departmental budget.
- Works with department heads during the annual budgeting process.
Things You Can Do:
- Has investigative and problem solving skills.
- Is a natural team builder and fosters a happy but accountable work environment.
- Wants to motivate the team to participate in organizational skills.
- Excellent MS Excel, Word and Outlook skills.
- Can communicate in an open, helpful and engaging manner.
What Gets You Stoked:
- Building quality relationships with Clients and co-workers.
- Ongoing learning opportunities.
- Having dogs in the work environment.
- Setting goals and achieving them.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance and/or
- 5 - 10 years of accounting experience and 2- 3 years of leadership experience.
- Has a solutions focused approach.
- Able to challenge the status quo.
- Participates in open, honest conversations and engages in constructive conflict.
- Lives in accordance and can make decisions based on our company values (they are on our website so look them up).
All interested candidates should submit their resume and cover letter to the attention of Carly Gordon, Human Resources Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org no later than July 17, 2017.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.